Shropshire Mud Run
Take on the challenge of Shropshire’s toughest terrain and raw obstacles. Get ready for lots of mud, hills, bogs, marsh land, lakes, river crossings, tunnels, mud walls, barbed wire crawls, Water slides, trenches, head dunks, giant bales & more. OVER 20 OBSTACLES!
On your own, with friends, family* or a team. For the challenge, for the fun or just for the mud!
Shropshire Mud Run – 5km or 10km option
Saturday 19th September 2020
Start time: 10:30am
*Children must be 8 years and over. 8-15 must be accompanied by participating adult max ratio 3 children:1 adult. 16-17 year olds must have a responsible adult onsite.
What to expect
All events are 5km or 10km in distancew with Raw obstacles including:
- Running off-road
- Woodland trails
- Mud holes
- Water features
- Head Dunks
- Lots of MUD
- On your own, as a team, competitively or just for the fun of it!
- 10:30am race start *unless otherwise advertised
Next event Saturday 25th April 2020.
Venue: Eaton Mascott Near Shrewsbury, SY5 6HG
What to bring/wear
- Wear trail running shoes or any old trainers will do as long as you're prepared to get them muddy and wet!
- Shorts, leggings, t-shirt (base layers depending on weather). Remember these will get wet and muddy too!
- Bring an old towel, a change of socks, shoes and clothes... a bin bag or two is also a good idea!
- There are no showers available onsite
- Free bag/key drop facility
- Parking spaces are on grass fields and are limited so try to share lifts
- A voluntary donation towards our chosen charity will be requested at the car park entrance
- Please follow the instructions of the marshals and officials who will be there to help you get on and off the field!
- Catering and refreshments will be available onsite
- Portaloo male and female toilets
- There are NO showers or changing rooms
- Trade stands including outdoor sports equipment specialists and Go-Pro camera hire
Dedicated first aid team will be onsite with mobile first aid units around the course and a marquee in the Start/Finish area
The Shropshire Mud Run is an untimed event.
Photos & Videos
- Official photos available to download FREE of charge soon after the event
- Marshals, medics and officials will be onsite and clearly visible at designated points around the course
- They are there to ensure your safety and to assist you should you need them to. Please listen to any instructions they may have for you and give them a muddy 'High five' thanks on the way past!
- Contact us if you'd like to join the fun and become involved as a marshal or helper
- Route maps and spectator area maps will be uploaded nearer the time of each event and also available on the day for spectators
- These are for reference only, you won't need one to complete the course!
- All entries must be done online
- You must be 16 years or older on the day of the event. 8-15 year olds can take part in the family 5km run accompanied by a participating adult (see entry page for details)
- You will receive confirmation of your entry and an Eventbrite payment receipt
- You will receive a 'Final Instructions' email closer to the event detailing the last few things to make sure you are ready to go
- You will need to register and collect your race number on the day in the Registration marquee. Nothing will be posted to you
- Yes you will get muddy!
- You can run for and raise money for a charity of your choice and set up Just Giving pages etc
- You can and probably will have to walk at some point on some of the courses!
- The more the merrier! Enter a team of 10 or more and get a discount
- How to find us: SY5 6HG Eaton Mascott Estate